Friday 9 January 2009

We Gotta Move On

Hi Chas

I’m sorry to have to say this, especially as we’ve been such close friends for so long, but I’m beginning to detect just the faintest hint a hint of… well… I’m not sure what... disapproval? That you’re not whole-heartedly behind the project?

By the way, I didn’t organise the WWF gig. That was down to Frankie. If you remember he used to organise all our gigs then. That was before our hit single and the new manager. What was his name? He’s the person we should be looking for. I always thought you were a bit unfair to Frankie. He was very willing and he only organised the gigs because no one else wanted to. He got us some great ones. You moan about the Alhambra Curry Bistro gig – but I don’t remember you complaining at the time. Well, not that evening anyway. And the party after was great. I can still picture that Indian stripper’s tassel spinning round, then flying off and landing in your plate of vindaloo.

And while I’m about it – Brenda didn’t have a tattoo of a rhino on her bottom. It was a love heart.

Anyway – two bits of news. I’ve contacted Southern Welcome, the champagne company, and told them that we’d be delighted to re-record it. Initially they just wanted to pay us for the song’s use and get some session musicians to do it, but I put my foot down and said no. I think it should either be the original music – or we should do it ourselves. Anyway after a couple more feeble attempts at what were tantamount to bribes, offering more money and so on, they agreed.

So following that I’ve been doing some serious research. I’ve found both Bonzo and Carl and have sent them a letter with the story so far. I can’t wait to hear from them. It’s going to be fantastic.

Speak soon!

Derek.

PS – I hope that was a joke about Pink Dog. We both wrote it, as well you know!

No comments: