Wednesday 10 December 2008

A Day in the Lift

Derek

With regard to the Pink Kangaroo drink or whatever it is to be called - do we really want to be associated with what sounds to be a non-starter? Radish Flavoured? JEEEEZUZ.
Also which lyrics are they planning to change - I hope it's not my line about "10,000 dogs in Bradford Yorkshire" - a bit of a double edged classic I do believe! In reference to that, the blonde girl I used to "knock around with" as you put it, in fact went to work for Kleinstein so it could have been her you were talking to! I am surprised that you got the impression that she was "a bit of a goer" as you so delicately phrased it - she told me that she "batted for the other side" and was not interested in men. I had much more luck with Brenda The Blower - you remember you used to write poems to her and as I remember was pretty smitten by her - ask the others, they all knew her quite well!



Shall we just drop the harmonica thing - I still have a nasty taste in my mouth about that incident.


Anyway what's the next move with the song and more importantly what about the money? Have you heard from any of the others? Hopefully not. On thinking about it, I am sure the master tapes were left with that Producer guy Phil something - you know - he was the one that kept on trying to get all his mates and girlfriends into the studio (at our expense) to bang tambourines, triangles, trays and teapots and do backing vocals. He was always trying to convince us that we needed a big sound. I remember the fiasco when he tried to get us to record with his entourage at that shopping centre - "Mall of Sound" - my foot! The Hammond organ got stuck in the lift and every two minutes there'd be Security to Level 4 please... or somesuch announcement. Anyway I am sure he had the master tapes and indeed the Peruvian Nose Flute and the 17-stringed Gourd that we used in ground breaking fashion on that very song Pink Dog, which I actually think was one of my best solo efforts..

Yours in music and royalties,
Charles.

No comments: